Saturday 15 November 2014

Jodi Ellen Malpas INTERVIEW!!!!!

Jodi Ellen Malpas Interview!!!


We were lucky enough to get an interview with the amazing Jodi Ellen Malpas, author of the This Man series and the One Night series! We are so grateful to Jodi and her lovely assistant Siobhan for setting it up! Thank you so much ladies we are forever grateful!


What is your earliest book related memory?
My books or books in general? I'll answer both! For my books, it would have to be Jesse himself. His character was so clear in my mind, I couldn't fathom why. He and his story built in my mind until I felt compelled to put it all on paper. My earliest book related memory in general would be the adventures of The Famous Five by Enid Blyton. I wanted to be one of the famous five :-)

How long was Jesse trampling around in your mind before he made his way onto the page?

A long time!





Which book/series did you have the most fun writing?

Oh, both! For many different reasons. Jesse and his antics were so much fun to translate into words, but Miller and ONE NIGHT was a challenge after the success of THIS MAN, so I had great fun (mixed with a little apprehension) telling his story and looking forward (and nervous) to my readers reactions to him.

Is there a genre that you REALLY want to write one day? 

Funny, I had a conversation with my agent the other day about this. She thinks I'd be great at writing a thriller, as the One Night series has many thriller elements, but I love so much writing about love, romance and intense sex. So whatever I choose to write about in the future, it'll always have a love story entwined within the pages.

Did you always want to be an author?

Not at all. I didn't even consider myself an author after I'd written THIS MAN, maybe because no one read it for a long time. I always wanted to be an interior designer. I'm qualified, but my commitment to the family business stopped me from pursuing it. I couldn't, however, let the opportunities that came my way pass once I'd hit the self-publish button.

What was your favourite book growing up? 

I loved the Point Horror series. I used to go into town on a Saturday with my pocket money and buy one of the books, then make it last the whole week until I could buy another.

What do you need around you when you're writing?
Quiet! Also my journal for scribbling in.

Are any of your characters inspired by people in your life? 

My men are all imagination. My women, not so much. Both Livy and Ava have hints of me in them, Kate from THIS MAN has a lot of my best friend in her, and Nan of ONE NIGHT has traits of my own Nan and great aunts in her.

Did you have to do any research for any of your books? 

Of course! My Google search history is very interesting ;-)

When you start writing a book do you have a rough idea how many words it will end up being? 

I can't seem to write short stories. I always seem to hit the 140K mark with each book I write.

What is your favourite genre to read? 

Romance/erotica, though I read everything.

You must have travelled a lot for signings etc is there a place that you haven't visited yet that you would love to go? 

Many! The southern states of America are definitely on my hit list.

Who encouraged you to share Jesse with the world? 

I thought this was common knowledge! I have my best friend, Kate, to thank for that. Seeing her genuine reactions to the first part of Jesse's story made me think that maybe I could put him out there. I'm so glad I did :-)

You must have been really overwhelmed by everyone's response to both Jesse and M... When did it really sink in that you were an author?

I really was. I still don't think it has sunk in! My life has been a whirlwind, but I love it.

A lot of readers (myself included) love your secondary characters, will there be more bonus scenes in the future? 

I never say never. Problem is, I have so much going on in my head I'm not sure what to go with first. I have many more stories to tell before I consider revisiting THIS MAN and ONE NIGHT.



 If you haven't met Jesse or M yet then you need to do so right away!! ;-)
Here are some Teasers... Just in case you still need convincing!! 












Connect with Jodi Ellen Malpas! 


Facebook - Twitter - Website - Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment