Friday 14 November 2014

The Broken & The Broken Parts of Us by Ker Dukey! REVIEWS

The Broken





This is a Dark NA Romance intended for a Mature audience only, 18+ graphic sexual content and heavy issues.


Just when sixteen year old River thought life couldn't get any worse... it does. Left with nowhere else to turn, she finds herself trapped with a false savior entwining her life straight to the last place she should be: an abusive, dangerous relationship with Danny-- permanently ending every chance she had with the only boy she ever loved. Now, fours years later, and no better off than she was at sixteen, Sammy -- the boy that got away-- returns only to find River's life bleaker than ever. He ran away from her when she needed him the most, but unanswered questions plagued him and after seeing her again, the feelings that he pushed into the deep recesses of his heart have reignited into a flame he is certain he can not ignore. When the sparks between Sammy and River finally ignite, it will leave explosive consequences for everyone.



My Review

5*
This book will not be for everyone but if you like dark then you will LOVE this! The story is a haunting, heartbreaking roller coaster ride of emotions that will suck you in and leave you dying for more! River and Sammy's story is a beautiful one, you may need a box of tissues at times or a pillow to scream into (depends what kind of reader you are ;)) but it is a seriously addictive book! By the end of The Broken I had gone through such a range of emotions I didn't know which way was up, and the epilogue... Well that actually made me scream! So the characters... I actually love that they are all dysfunctional in their own ways, after all no one is perfect and it just makes them seem so normal, and a hell of a lot easier to relate to. Jasper is probably my favourite, I just love that cheeky nature of his! The Broken is a serious page turner that you all need to experience.


Buy Links




Teasers





The Broken Parts of Us



For a mature audience only. Contains explicit sexual scenes. This book is the second book in 'The Broken' series it follows straight on where The Broken leaves off. It is recommended that to enjoy this book to its full potential you should read 'The Broken' first. No cliffhanger.


Some people search their whole life for a connection -- a reason to be here, and feel life in all of its intensity.. But what if you never wanted to experience that emotion? Jasper lived his life coldly determined never to fall in love. Some people impact your life in a moment, and will stay in your life forever from then on. What if an irresistible force crashes into you -- not once, but twice, and from a totally unexpected source? Jasper must overcome past demons that are still plaguing him and his friends. He must face future choices he never knew he would have to make. Sexual chemistry can come in all forms. When the lines blur between friendship, love and lust, a new darkness finds its way into their lives. Either these relationships survive or die forever broken ......in The Broken Parts of Us

This book is written in three POVs. Derek's, Jasper's and Kyra. Contains M/M M/F M/M/F scenes. If this is not something you are comfortable with please skip this read, thank you.


My Review

5*
After the way The Broken ended I honestly didn't know how I was going to feel about this book... I loved Sammy and River and the epilogue left me gutted! So being that I loved Jasper 10x more, that just gave Ker the power to devastate me even more than she did with The Broken... And boy did she break me! Quite frankly Jasper is the ultimate cheeky chap, one of those where you know you shouldn't laugh but you can't help but do it anyway. Derek is more serious and intense and that coupled with his dark and troubled past had me so intrigued that I couldn't wait to find out some more about him! Kyra was the new unexpected addition and I love how she complements the group! I can honestly say I never expected the twists and turns in the story and the suspense killed me. I loved the story though, it was heartbreaking and spellbinding, just an all round totally captivating read. This book won't be for everyone but if aren't bothered by M/M M/F M/M/F scenes then The Broken Parts of Us will have your attention for days!  


Buy Links


Teasers




Author Bio



I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active... I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could of improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.
My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.
When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.
You can find me on Facebook where I love interacting with my readers.


Connect with Ker!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment